Name:  Details:

Child Injury

If you are a parent or legal guardian, you live for your children, to protect and care and love them.  So, if your child is injured, it's up to you to seek justice from the person responsible. In Texas, a parent has the right to sue on behalf of her or his child when that child has been injured as a result of another person's wrongful act or negligence. You can seek compensation both to compensate your child for his or her injuries and you for the costs you incurred for hospital bills, therapy bills and other expenses.

Houston Child Injury Lawyer

At Wilhite & Associates, P.C., our Houston child injury lawyers are passionate about seeking justice for the innocent child victims of accidents and negligence.  We'll fight to recover every cent owed to you and your child. We'll take on insurance companies, child care centers, schools or property owner or anyone else responsible for your child's injuries. Call us today at (281) 537-2171 to set up a free consultation to discuss your child's case.

We are proud to represent children and their parents throughout the Houston area, including Harris County, Montgomery County, Fort Bend County, Waller County, Washington County and Grimes County.

Houston Places Where Children are Injured

When your child is with you, you pay close attention to protect his or her safety. However, you can't be with your child 24 hours per day, and sometimes you are required to entrust others with your child's well-being. When a person accepts that trust, responsibility falls to him or her to make sure that child is safe. Sometimes, that person falls down on their job. Instances include:

  • Negligent Child Supervision: You are supposed to be able to trust a child care center or babysitter with your child. After all, it's their job. So if your child is injured because someone failed to watch your child and he or she did something an authority figure should have stopped, like wander out into the street, eat or drink something not meant for children, or get in a fight with other kids, the person who was watching your child should be held responsible.
  • Child Care Accidents: Similarly, people operating establishments where children will be , like day care centers, have a responsibility to make sure their facility is safe. This includes making sure that playground equipment isn't rusty, that electrical plugs are secure, and that children cannot climb on furniture or other structures.
  • Schools: Schools are supposed to be safe places for kids. When they aren't, parents must take action.
  • Sports Injuries: Athletics can be rough-and-tumble, but that doesn't mean they can be dangerous. The people in charge of child sports leagues and activities should be taking steps to make sure the kids are as safe as possible.
  • Child Abuse: It's one thing for a person to whom you entrust you child to allow the child to be injured by neglect. But if that person intentionally harms your child, physically, mentally or sexually, then that circumstance demands that you take action, both in reporting the situation to authorities and by ensuring that person pays for his or her deeds in civil court.

Additionally, people who own pools, playgrounds or other things kids might be attracted to have a responsibility to take action to make sure their premises are secure. For instance, a pool should have a fence around it so that neighborhood children don't see it and wander in. This is called the attractive nuisance doctrine, and people who do not secure an attractive nuisance could be liable for any accidents that occur as a result.

Damages in Houston Child Injuries

There are a broad range of ways a child could get injured, meaning there are a broad range of expenses you might incur as a result. These might include:

  • Hospital bills, for any physical injuries.
  • Doctor bills, for any follow up to the physical injures.
  • Physical therapy bills, to rehabilitate your child.
  • Psychiatrist, psychologist or therapy bills, to help your child adjust or heal mental and emotional scars.
  • Special school tuition, if your child needs special education as a result of the injury.
  • Home improvement, if your house must be retrofitted to accommodate your child's needs after the injury.
  • Lost wages, if you had to take time off from work to take care of your child after the injury.
  • Lost future ability to work, if you will not be able to work at the same rate because you will have to continually care for your injured child.

Legally, these damages fall under compensatory damages, meant to compensate you and your child for what was lost. There are economic compensatory damages to compensate you for measurable damages like your bills and lost wages and non-economic damages to compensate you and your child for pain and suffering, mental anguish and other, less tangible damages. In addition to compensatory damages, there are also exemplary damages, also called punitive damages. These are meant to punish wrongdoers, and are only available in instances of gross negligence or malice. Your child's Houston personal injury lawyer will be able to help you identify what damages might be available to you and your child.

Wilhite & Associates, P.C. | Texas Child Accident Attorneys

If your child was injured in any kind of accident or incident, your child deserves justice, and you deserve to be compensated for the expenses you incurred taking care of your child. Our Houston child injury lawyers at Wilhite & Associates, P.C., can help you get justice if your child was injured anywhere in the Houston area, including Cypress, Spring, Klein or The Woodlands. Call us today at (281) 537-2171, and we'll set up a free consultation to discuss your child's case.

Wilhite & Associates, P.C. represents clients from all over Southeast Texas, including:

Harris County - Aldine, Atascocita, Barrett, Barker, Baytown, Bellaire, Brownwood, Bunker Hill Village, Channelview, Clear Lake, Cloverleaf, Crosby, Cypress, Deer Park, East Houston, El Lago, Galena Park, Hedwig Village, Highlands, Hilshire Village, Houston, Hudson, Humble, Hunters Creek Village, Jacinto City, Jersey Village, Katy, Kingwood, Klein, La Porte, Louetta, Lynchburg, Nassau Bay, North Houston, Pasadena, Piney Point Village, Seabrook, Sheldon, Shoreacres, South Houston, Southside Place, Spring, Spring Valley, Taylor Lake Village, Tomball, Webster, West University Place

Montgomery County - Conroe, Cut and Shoot, Magnolia, Montgomery, Oak Ridge North, Panorama Village, Patton Village, Roman Forest, Shenandoah, Splendora, Stagecoach, Willis, Woodbranch, Woodloch, The Woodlands

Fort Bend County - Arcola, Beasley, Fairchilds, Fulshear, Kendleton, Meadows Place, Missouri City, Needville, Orchard, Pleak, Richmond, Rosenberg, Simonton, Stafford, Sugar Land, Thompsons

Waller County - Brookshire, Hempstead, Pattison, Pine Island, Prairie View, Waller

Grimes County - Anderson, Bedias, Iola, Navasota, Todd Mission

Washington County - Brenham, Burton, Chappell Hill

The hiring of a personal injury attorney or other civil law attorney is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide which Houston attorney to hire for your case, ask us to send you free written information about our legal experience and qualifications.

This site is sponsored by George W. Wilhite, P.C. Our principal office is located in Harris County, Texas at 17101 Kuykendahl Rd., Houston, TX 77068.

The information provided on this website is for general information purposes only. The information you obtain at this website is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your own particular situation. The content of this site, including but not limited to written text, images, videos, and informational articles, has not been prepared, endorsed, or reviewed by any form of licensed medical professional, doctor, or physician. The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, medical advice. All visitors are encouraged to consult with a physician or other licensed medical professional for any form of medical advice.

Use of this website or submission of an online form does not create an attorney-client relationship. We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls, letters and electronic mail. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. No attorney-client relationship is formed until after you consulted with an attorney at Wilhite & Associates, P.C. and have signed a client agreement. Please do not send any confidential information to us until after an attorney-client relationship has been established. Contact us today for more information.

Copyright 2016 MaxeyMedia